Foam recycling drop-off locations open to the public.
For more foam recycling locations go to www.earth911.com
and search for "Styrofoam" or go to www.homeforfoam.com
Recycling Center Information
Dart Collects Foam for Recycling throughout the United States
- Dart facilities receive foam from local schools, community recyclers, supermarkets, hospitals, manufacturing plants, cafeterias, and individuals.
- To facilitate the recycling process, Dart operates two wash and dry facilities that clean dirty foam so it can be recycled.
- Once processed, the material then goes to a manufacturer that will use the material to make premium picture frames, crown moulding, and many other useful products.
- Each location has its own set of requirements. Please click on the location from the map above for specifications in your area.
- All locations accept used polystyrene foam including post-consumer foam cups and "to-go" containers, egg cartons, ice chests, rinsed meat trays, protective packaging foam (Frequently used to protect electronics during shipping), and other foam with the #6 inside the chasing arrows triangle.
- While our Mason (Michigan) and Corona (California) facilities can clean dirty foodservice containers, we do not want to attract unwanted critters at our drop-off facilities so please rinse or wipe-off your containers prior to depositing them.
- Please place your foam in a see-through bag before depositing and tag with your contact information.
- We do not accept packaging peanuts. Please call 1.800.828.2214 or go to www.loosefillpackaging.com for a list of locations that accept them.
- Please remove lids, straws, packaging tape, and labels.
- Your cooperation with these specifications helps boost recycling rates and reduces the costs of recycling. Thank you for your support!
NOTE: Dart Container Corporation does not pay for material delivered to us, nor will we reimburse for shipping. We reserve the right to refuse any foam that does not meet the above criteria.
Special Conditions for our Mason, Michigan Drop-Off Location
Our Mason, Michigan facility hours are 7 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday. For small quantities on weekends or after 3 PM during the week, a drop-box is available. If you have a substantial amount (i.e. truckload) of material to deliver, we would appreciate delivery at a pre-arranged time, so that a loading dock will be available for you. For more information, please call 517-676-3803 ext. 2206. Existing Michigan County Recycling Program sites in need of pick-up scheduling assistance should call 517-676-3803 ext 2251.