By clicking on the indicators on the map above, you will be provided with addresses where foam can be recycled.
For more foam recycling locations go to www.earth911.com and search for "Styrofoam" or go to www.homeforfoam.com
Recycling Center Information
Dart Collects Foam for Recycling throughout the United States
- Dart facilities receive foam from local schools, community recyclers, supermarkets, hospitals, manufacturing plants, cafeterias, and individuals.
- To facilitate the recycling process, Dart operates two wash and dry facilities that clean dirty foam so it can be recycled.
- Once processed, the material then goes to a manufacturer that will use the material to make premium picture frames, crown moulding, and many other useful products.
- In our home state of Michigan, Dart has built a comprehensive infrastructure for recycling foam products.
- Dart has established more than 40 polystyrene drop-off locations in over 30 counties.
- Dart transports the material from each drop-off location to its Michigan recycling center for reprocessing.
- Dart works with hundreds of public schools, 5 state universities, and the State of Michigan to recycle all types of foam polystyrene products.
- The Michigan Legislature praised Dart for its foam recycling efforts in a joint resolution passed in 1991.
- Each location has its own set of requirements. Please click on the location from the map above for specifications in your area.
- All locations accept used polystyrene foam including post-consumer foam cups and "to-go" containers, egg cartons, ice chests, rinsed meat trays, protective packaging foam (Frequently used to protect electronics during shipping), and other foam with the #6 inside the chasing arrows triangle.
- While our Mason (Michigan) and Corona (California) facilities can clean dirty foodservice containers, we do not want to attract unwanted critters at our drop-off facilities so please rinse or wipe-off your containers prior to depositing them.
- Please place your foam in a see-through bag before depositing and tag with your contact information.
- We do not accept packaging peanuts. Please call 1.800.828.2214 or go to www.loosefillpackaging.com for a list of locations that accept them.
- Please remove lids, straws, packaging tape, and labels.
- Your cooperation with these specifications helps boost recycling rates and reduces the costs of recycling. Thank you for your support!
NOTE: Dart Container Corporation does not pay for material delivered to us, nor will we reimburse for shipping. We reserve the right to refuse any foam that does not meet the above criteria.