How can your city partner with Dart to recycle foam #6?
- Satisfy the requirements listed below.
- Submit the requested information at the bottom of this page.
- If approved, Dart will forward a brief contract tailored to your needs. Sample Contract
- Post a sign provided by Dart with instructions. See example
- To ensure this program is successful, your community needs to encourage their residents to-
- Deposit foam in a clear or translucent bag.
- Make sure foam has the #6 recycling symbol on it.
- Rinse or wipe clean foodservice containers.
- No straws or lids.
- No foam packaging peanuts.
What type of foam is accepted?
- Foam #6 cups and containers. Cups do not need to be rinsed but must be empty.
- Foam #6 egg cartons.
- Rinsed, single-layer, foam #6 meat trays.
- Foam #6 food trays/lunch trays. Must be either rinsed-off or minimally contaminated with no food remnants.
- Protective packaging foam that has the #6 symbol on it (Often used to package electronics)
- Packaging peanuts are not accepted. Please call 800-828-2214 or go to www.loosefillpackaging.com for drop-off sites that accept packaging peanuts. Packaging peanuts are usually readily reusable, so it is better for the environment to keep them in their current form.
How will this program work?
- Dart, at its own expense will pick up and haul away minimally contaminated, bagged foam #6 materials which have been collected.
- Initially, pick-ups will be scheduled, up to twice per month, by calling Dart. Once certain volumes have been established, a regular pick-up schedule will be established.
- Dart will return the foam to a facility where it will be prepared for recycling.
- All recycling will take place in California.
Retourner en haut de page